Welcome to NSUPE
- NSUPE Congratulates Bursary Winners
NSUPE provides a minimum of five $1,000 bursaries each year. Members, their spouses and their dependent children taking post-secondary education are eligible to apply. In 2013, 162 applications were received. The winners are chosen by random draw each fall.
- NSUPE Biennial Convention Elects New Executive
NSUPE held its biennial convention in Halifax on November 15 and 16. A new executive was elected, and guest speakers included Dr. Margo Watts, who discussed the fear surrounding unions in Canada today.
- CCU President Hanrahan Calls Bill C-525 an Attack on the Rights of Canadian Workers
The Stephen Harper Conservatives are at it again. The Conservatives have introduced a bill in the House of Commons that will limit workers rights by making it harder for them to join unions. Sign the petition to say "No" to Bill C-525
- New "Together Fairness Works" TV Advertisement Highlights Campaign
A new television advertisement featuring the "Together Fairness Works" campaign is now playing on stations throughout Canada. Unions provide a standard in workplaces that other employers have to live up to in order to compete. This way, unions play a universal role in raising working conditions everywhere.
That's what the "Together Fairness Works" campaign is all about.
- Local 14 talks about bargaining basics
The latest Did You Know installment by members at the Halifax Public Libraries talks about what a collective agreement is and the process they follow leading up to and during collective bargaining.Read More
- Local 2 ratifies contract
Members voted by a substantial majority to accept the collective agreement offered by the Halifax Regional School Board. Members also chose their delegates to the NSUPE Convention.Read More
- Negotiations underway for Local 20
- Read the latest bulletin for news on negotiations, the NSUPE Convention and a new Did You Know? on vacation scheduling.
- Read More